Roxbury Township Police Department Recruitment Plan
Goals and Objectives
The goal of the Roxbury Township Police Department Recruitment Plan is to attract qualified individuals to pursue a career with the Roxbury Township Police Department. The objective is to achieve an overall racial and gender composition of the department in comparison to the service population of the Township through the departments recruiting activities. The goals and objectives will be accomplished through various recruitment activities listed in the Recruitment Activities section of this plan.
The demographics composition of the service area and agency are represented in the following table:
CURRENT SWORN OFFICERS
CURRENT SWORN OFFICERS FEMALE
|Percent %||Number||Percent %||Number||Percent %|
*Not included in total population or % number
Activity #1: Identify and maintain contact with local minority organizations and social support groups including, but not limited to educational, religious, ethnic, racial, and gender-based organizations.
Activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide recruitment brochures and materials to educational, religious, ethnic, racial, and gender-based organizations.
- Attend career fairs at local colleges in New Jersey to attempt to attract a more diverse group of applicants for future hiring processes.
- Draft, print, and distribute informational brochures that may attract qualified candidates to the agency.
- Make maximum use of the Roxbury Township Police website to attract qualified candidates to the agency.
- The following information should prove useful when participating in recruitment activities:
- Recruitment/informational brochures
- Agency organizational chart
- Current contractual agreements
- Training catalogs
- Demographic data
- General Employment Applications
Activity #2: Re-start our internship program to attempt to build better relationship with local colleges to attempt to attract a more diverse pool of qualified candidates.
Activity #3: When applicable contact police academy’s and post vacancy announcements for current Alternate Route candidates.
REVIEW & EVALUATION
• The Chief of Police shall conduct an annual review of the Recruitment Plan.
• As a result of the annual review, if necessary, the Recruitment Plan shall be revised if