Background Check Application
PartnershipRoxbury Township Recreation Department is proud to announce its partnership with National Center for Safety Initiatives (NCSI), through which we will engage in a comprehensive background screening program for our coaches and volunteers. The department has taken important steps to ensure the highest level of safety within our programs. One of these steps is the implementation of a standardized approach to background screening for our coaches and volunteers.
Screening InformationThis includes a comprehensive background screening using NCSI’s full service product and a simple Red Light / Green Light clearance report issued in accordance with the Recommended Guidelines® published by the National Council of Youth Sports. This is part of a national movement towards the standardization of safety programs for youth-serving organizations in this country. The department has worked with NCSI to ensure that the process is convenient, secure and confidential.
Simply go to the NCSI website and click on “Background Check Self Registration” on the left side of the page. Complete three easy steps:
- Step 1:Coaches/Summer- https://roxburytownship.quickapp.pro/apply/applicant/new/15869/13896
- Step 2: Enter you information as requested
- Step 3: Provide legal authorization and certification
The Red Light / Green Light results will be sent to Roxbury Township Recreation Department. NCSI will contact you directly if there are any questions, problems or issues related to your specific information. An email address is required when completing the background check as our contact with you will largely be electronic.
It is important when entering your name, that you use your full legal name as written on your birth certificate or driver’s license. Please also verify that your social security number was typed correctly. Using nicknames or failing to type a correct social security number may delay or invalidate your background check.
Additional QuestionsIn addition to the comprehensive background screening listed above, the five criteria questions that will be asked will be:
- Have you ever been convicted of a felony?
- Have you ever been convicted of a lesser crime in which sexual relations is an element?
- Have you ever been convicted of a lesser crime involving controlled substances (not paraphernalia or alcohol)?
- Have you ever been convicted of a lesser crime involving cruelty to animals?
- Have you ever been convicted of any lesser crime involving force or threat of force against a person?