Fire Prevention Bureau
*** If you have a fire related EMERGENCY please dial 9-1-1 ***
Any fire inspection request in connection with a valid construction permit or prior to an issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy is the responsibility of the Fire Sub Code Official working within the Construction/Building Department. A Fire Official or Fire Inspector is on call 24 hours per day, 7 days per week and 365 days per year.
The Fire Prevention Bureau is responsible for fire safety throughout the Township of Roxbury. The main goal is to prevent fires and minimize the risk of loss of life and property through education and fire code enforcement.
The Fire Prevention Bureau duties include but are not limited to the following:
(In addition, responsibilities of the Fire Official and Fire Inspectors are found in the N.J. Uniform Fire Code section 5:71-3.3 Duties of Fire Officials and Fire Inspectors.)
1. Smoke, carbon monoxide and fire extinguisher inspections in one and two family homes prior to sale, lease or other change in occupancy
2. Fire code enforcement in all existing commercial buildings and multi family dwellings
3. Public fire prevention education programs
4. Conducts fire investigations for all reported fires and explosions
5. Enforcement of false fire alarm ordinance
6. Enforcement of fire sprinkler system ordinance
7. Investigation of all fire code complaints in existing commercial buildings and multi-family dwellings
8. Enforcement of open burning ordinance
9. Issues fire safety permits for all listed activities of types 1 – 5.
10. Maintains list of all fire incidents in the Township
Michael A. Pellek
Micah Almendinger Fire Inspector
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm